15 grams Dried Porcini Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
8 cloves Garlic, Peeled Whole
½ whole Onion, Diced
3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
1 cup Hot Boiling Water
1 Tablespoon Finely Minced Fresh Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
8 pieces Chicken Thighs
Dried porcini mushrooms can be rehydrated in hot water for 20-30 minutes, or boiled for 5 minutes. Keep the porcini mushroom soaking water. It’s got so much flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 180. Remove chicken from refrigerator 20 minutes prior to cooking to take the chill off. Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper.
2. In the meantime, soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water.
3. Heat a large sauté pan (large enough to comfortably fit all 8 pieces of chicken) over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and the chicken pieces. Cook both sides for 3-4 minutes each.
4. Tent the pan loosely with tin foil. Place entire pan into the oven to cook for 25-35 minutes. Check chicken to make sure the pieces are cooked through.
5. Using tongs, remove the chicken to a plate and tent with tin foil to keep warm. Keeping the garlic cloves in the pan, pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the grease in the pan. Return pan to the stove over medium-low heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
6. Squeeze the water out of the porcini mushrooms, but reserve all of the soaking liquid. Add the porcini mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Pour in just ½ cup of the mushroom soaking liquid and the heavy cream. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 seconds. Taste and adjust sauce with salt and pepper if needed. Add the minced parsley. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.