Glazed Boston Butt – Mini gammon
Glazed Boston Butt / Mini Gammon
- Place the Boston butt on a piece of tin foil, shiny side on the inside
- Rub with hot English mustard powder. Take 40 ml honey (if it’s a large one, increase the amount of honey) and pour over meat.
- Place a few cloves and a couple of bay leaves onto the honey.
- Wrap the Boston Butt in foil, not wrapping the foil tightly over the meat. (It must make a pocket that is sealed)
- Bake the ham in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for an hour per kilogram.
- This method of cooking gives the ham a lovely flavour and does not dry the meat out.
100ml brown sugar
7ml ground ginger
10ml Hot English Mustard Powder
30ml smooth apricot jam
Juices from cooked Boston butt / Gammon
1.Combine the above into a paste and baste.
2.Place the gammon back in the oven for a few minutes before slicing