Homemade Lemon Mousse with a Plum Cordial swirl
Homemade Lemon Mousse with a Plum Cordial Swirl
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 200g or 1 cup cream cheese
• 1 cup lemon curd or prepared lemon pie filling
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1/3 cup powdered sugar
• 50ml Plumb cordial
• Fresh berries, mint or lemon zest for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
2. In a food processor, beat the cream cheese and lemon curd until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until combined.
4. Fold in the whipped cream until fully incorporated.
5. Swirl the plum cordial through the mousse in a figure of 8. Do not over mix.
6. Pipe or spoon the mousse into serving dishes. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipes developed by Erica Brown – email@example.com 071 031 0182