Spinach +Ham Cannelloni
Spinach and ham cannelloni
400g Fresh Spinach
15ml Olive oil
250g Cottage cheese
125ml Grated cheddar
Pinch grated nutmeg
4 Slices ham or Parma ham
60ml grated parmesan cheese
1 Bay leaf
6 Black pepper corns
- Wash spinach and remove stems. cook with just the water clinging to the leaves for 5 minutes
- Drain, squeeze dry and chop finely, peal onion and chop finely.
- Heat the oil and sauté onion until clear
- Mix the spinach with eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar and nutmeg. Chop the ham and add
- Place lasagne sheets in a flat container and pour boiling water over to just cover
- Stand for 10-15minutes or just until sheets are pliable. Drain and plunge into cold water.
- Dry sheets with a tea cloth. place 60ml of the spinach mixture in the centre of each pasta sheet.
- Roll up and place in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish. pour white sauce over
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25minutes at 180 degrees
- Pour milk into a saucepan. Peel onion and cut into quarters
- Add milk with bay leaf and peppercorns. bring to boil
- Remove from heat and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt butter Add the flour and cook until frothy
- Strain the milk into the flour mixture
- Return to heat and whisk until mixture boils and thickens