- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock (more if necessary)
- 200g/broccoli florets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle cream, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken or vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Season to taste, then transfer to a liquidizer. Blend until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and drizzle with cream to serve